China’s political and economic landscape has significantly transformed in recent decades. As such, so has the approach to engage and communicate with domestic government agencies. With China’s increasing emphasis of “quality over quantity”, the power of investment is no longer a tactful business strategy to open doors to preferential treatment for MNCs. Identifying paths to establish strategic and sustainable relationships with government agencies against the current political background is one of the most critical challenges for CEOs and government relations practitioners.
BMLI’s Government Relations and Communications Training provides an introduction to government relations in China, exploring China’s unique political and policy environment, as well as the strategies and tactics necessary to effectively communicate and work with the Chinese government. At the conclusion of the training, participants’ learned communications skills are tested in realistic role-play simulations conducted by former government officials and government affairs experts.
The core curriculum includes:
- The Importance of Government Relations in China
- China Policy and Business Essentials for Government Relations
- Government Relations Approach and Methodology
- Strategy: Understanding and Aligning with the Government’s Agenda
- Tactics I: Establishing Effective Relations with Target Government Stakeholders
- Tactics II: Communicating with Target Government Stakeholders
- Full day (8 hours): typically 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact a BMLI representative here.