by Martin Roll
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) has become one of the more commonly discussed corporate designations in recent years. Given the tremendous marketing potential offered by new digital media and proliferation of distribution channels, companies have begun to realize the potential for marketing to guide corporate level strategies and substantially contribute to the financial bottom line.
Nevertheless, it is startling to note that the average tenure of a CMO is merely 23 months compared to a CFO that typically lasts four to five years on average. Furthermo, not many companies have a senior marketing representative in their C-suite. In summary, the CMO is under pressure to demonstrate leadership and how marketing drives business impact.
In the future, the CMO will emerge as one of the most important executive members, becoming the strategic connection between the company, customers and stakeholders to ensure marketing and branding take centerstage.
The workshop will discuss:
- The important role and multiple responsibilities of the CMO
- How the CMO can take leadership in the management team
- How the CMO facilitates/leads strong execution of business strategies and plans
- How the CMO can help shape organizational performance and health
- How the effective CMO contributes to better business performance
- Half day (4 hours): typically 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Full day (8 hours): typically 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact a BMLI representative here.