No matter how trusted or well run, no corporation is immune from the damaging effects of crises. To help prepare corporations to deal effectively with crises, BMLI employs the concept of customized on-camera crisis simulation training, pioneered by Burson-Marsteller, to provide a virtual experience for participating executives during an escalating crisis.
The BMLI Crisis Simulation Workshop is tailored to the special characteristics of doing business in China – such as cultural and language barriers and the role of the government and media in daily business operations – that can become magnified in a crisis. The program is designed to reflect the challenges specific to the client’s business and industry.
The core curriculum includes:
- Understanding the nature of a crisis, including proven approaches to crisis management
- Orienting to the motivations, needs and tactics of news media (both domestic and international)
- Understanding concepts of message strategy as a tool to maximize the effectiveness of corporate and operational communications during a crisis
- Realistic role-play designed to fine-tune skills and familiarize with crisis conditions
- Full day (7 hours): typically 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact a BMLI representative here.