Companies today face a confusing challenge when it comes to corporate citizenship. Pressures for greater transparency, triple-bottom-line accounting and even corporate activism clash with Nobel laureate Milton Friedman’s belief that “The social responsibility of business is to increase its profits.”
BMLI’s CSR & Sustainability training consists of a seminar and workshop designed to help companies work through these challenges and address the concerns of all stakeholders. Recommended for mid-level and senior-level communications executives, this program provides an overview of current communications trends and topics related to CSR and sustainability.
The workshop will examine and assess:
- Competitor and partner communication efforts
- Communications and expectations of various stakeholders like the media and online key opinion leaders.
- Your company’s “assets” and “liabilities” both commercially as well as in terms of reputation management
- Strategies to minimize risks and create new opportunities
- Half day (4-5 hours): typically 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Up to 10
- Chris Deri
- Douglas Dew
- David Gong
- Angelina Ong
For more information, please contact a BMLI representative here.